iVOX disposes of one of the largest market research panels in Belgium.the panel is recruited through partnership online and offline.
- All panel members are recruited with double opt-in via an online registration form or start survey (see www.ivoxpanel.be).
- All addresses are verified. In addition panel members can update their profile via the panel centre or this is done within surveys.
- Panel members who want to deregister can use the ‘opt-out' options in the panel centre or the invitation e-mail.
- In time inactive panel members are removed from the panel.
- iVOX guarantees respondents' anonymity and privacy. This is formalised by means of a privacy declaration and through registering the panel database with the Privacy commission.
The size of the panel and the possibility of contacting specific panel members enables correct sample survey taking in advance using prestratification. If after data collection it turns out this sample survey deviates from the population, this is corrected using matrix weighting.
Drivers of panel member participation
- Social influence: online surveys offer the possibility to share an opinion about ideas, products and service of customers. In addition panel members have a sense of making a positive contribution through this effort
- Curiosity: by participating they get a ‘sneak preview' of products or initiatives that have not been launched yet
- Fun: usually prizes are raffled among respondents to stimulate the response. It often concerns general prizes which do not lead to a 'natural preselection'
- Be the first: customers offer respondents a premium look on new products or services in exchange for their opinion
- Gain: a personal reward is made available through loteries and points